This document sets out the key points about how the 3 Capes Gear & Gourmet website, https://www.3capesgearandgourmet.com.au, handles personal information.
The information we collect
The personal information that we collect about you is generally the minimum required to provide the services you request from us. The personal information usually includes:
- Your name and contact details.
- Relevant information such as any special dietary requirements and any travel details, such as airport arrival or departure times or addresses of accommodation providers, that we need to perform our services.
- Payment details (such as credit/debit card number and expiry date) provided in connection with the purchase of our products and services.
We collect Personal Identifiable Information (PII) when you:
- Order hire equipment or buy food from us: in order to deliver our services, we will ask you to register an online account and we will collect your name, email address and telephone number. We will ask you to create a unique username and password. If you forget your username or password, you can request a reset be sent to your email address. We will also collect credit card information, including card number, card type, security number, cardholder name, expiry date and issuing bank and country to pay for services purchased.
- Participate in promotions and competition: we may collect your PII when you take part in surveys, promotions or competitions either conducted by us or on our behalf.
- Order hire equipment or buy food for a third party: when you order services for someone else or purchase a gift certificate through this website, we will request PII about that person. You should get that person’s consent before giving us their PII and give them access to this policy. Any access to view or change the PII of the third party will be available through your order.
Other information we collect
This website collects cookies.
For each visitor to the 3 Capes Gear & Gourmet website, our web server automatically recognises only the visitor’s IP address: not the e-mail address. If you’re a returning visitor and you have cookies enabled, you may be recognised by cookies.
The information we collect is:
- Used to improve the content of our web site.
- Never shared with other organisations for commercial purposes.
- For statistical purposes: we record general information about your visit to our web site. These statistics do not contain any personal information.
You do not need to register an account to to browse this website.
If you do register, you must give us contact information, but we never sell or give away this information. It is only gathered to contact you about services on our site. You can choose to provide additional demographic information (gender, age range, residential postcode), but this is not required. Giving us this additional information helps us to understand who is using the site and our services and to assist with our business planning.
We have an order form
We require information from you on our order form. You must provide contact information (such as your name and contact details), some travel information (such as where you are staying for the purposes of delivery) and possibly financial information (such as your credit card number, and expiry date). If we have trouble processing your order, we use the information to contact you.
We always use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site. When we receive certain types of sensitive information such as financial information, we redirect visitors to a secure server and will notify customers of this feature through a pop-up screen on our site. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site.
We operate online surveys and we never sell or share our customers’ email addresses.
How we use your information
We use your personal identifiable information (PII) only for the primary purpose of providing our services and communicating with you in relation to your order(s). By providing your PII to us, or otherwise allowing your PII to be collected, you consent to us using this PII for the primary purpose for which it was collected and for the following related purposes:
- To buy 3 Capes Gear & Gourmet services: the information we collect when you order from us is used to charge your credit card and deliver your order confirmation electronically. We may also contact you about your order for customer service and feedback purposes, or to make any changes or cancellations to your order.
- Retain your details for future orders: we may retain your PII on our files so that if you again use our services you don’t need to provide your details. This makes the order process faster and easier for you.
- Competitions or other offers: we will use your PII to conduct marketing activities that may include sending you by email or SMS offers of travel products or to participate in competitions. We will only send our offers to you if you have consented to receiving them.
- Responding to your feedback or suggestions: we will use your email address and/or telephone number to contact you if we wish to respond to a comment, question or suggestion you’ve made.
- Illegal activity: we may use PII for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal activities.
- Making our services better: we use PII and non-PII for analyse and improve our services, to promote our services to other customers, to enhance your experience on our website and to improve the functionality and quality of your customer experience.
Who we share your information with
We do not disclose any PII except in the following circumstance:
- Legal obligations: we may be required by law to disclose your PII or to service providers where we are investigating a serious complaint or potential illegal acts.
How you control and access your information
Subject to any exceptions provided by law, you are able to access any PII we hold about you. If we refuse your access request we will provide you with our reasons for doing so. Here’s how you can control and have access to your information:
- Competitions or other offers: if at any time you would like to unsubscribe from our offers you can click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails to you.
- Order information: If at any time you would like to alter the PII you provided us in your order, please contact us using the details set out below.
- General: Where any personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date or relevant you may contact us to correct that PII and we will respond to you in a reasonable time period.
How we protect your information
To ensure the confidentiality of your PII, our systems are configured with industry standard data encryption and firewall technology. When you send PII to us over the Internet, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission.
We securely destroy any personal information you’ve given us if you decide that you no longer require 3 Capes Gear & Gourmet services.
If you are concerned about how we handle your PII please contact us using the details below. We will respond to you within a reasonable time period.
+61 3 6234 4918
3 Capes Gear & Gourmet
34 Forest Road
West Hobart TAS 7000,